Gothic Christ Church, Shimla, is the second oldest
church in North India, after St John's Church in Meerut. Gothic Christ church is located on the Shimla’s prominent Ridge.
The first cornerstone was laid on 9 September 1844 and the church was consecrated on 10 January 1857.
Even today, the church has some interesting memorial tablets while the pews still mark the seats of British Viceroy of India, the
Commander-in-Chief and the Punjab’s Governor. The
church contains five fine stained glass windows.